Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win ME Daylight Savings Time Change repeats continuously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

waga2222

MIS
Sep 15, 2001
CA
Hi,
I am running Windows me on a Dell computer, P4, 128M Ram. Whenever I restart the computer, I get the "Windows has updated your clock as a result of Daylight Savings time.". This does not happen if I restart in safe mode. Cmos date/time is correct. I changed the date to April 1999 and restarted, Windows ME promted again and changed the date to the correct one but one hour behind. Windows Me was infected by Win32/Hybris.worm virus. It is clean now.

Pls help.
Thanks

Yes, it is on a NetWare5.1 network. It is the only WinME among many Win95/98 workstations.

Set the correct time & date. Restart your machine and DO NOT LOG IN TO YOUR NETWORK.

Is the date & time correct?

If it is, then restart the PC, and then LOG IN TO YOUR NETWORK.

If the time is then incorrect, then it's something to do with the network settings.

You may wish to do a selctive start up to determine what program is causing the time change

click start, type msconfig in the run box and hit return.
On the general tab, click selective startup.
Then uncheck all the boxes under selective startup.
Then click the startup tab and make sure the *statemgr box is ticked.
Click OK and restart the PC.
If the time is OK, then run msconfig again, and select ONE item at a time under selective startup, and click OK and restart the PC Each time, until the time changes.

This should isolate the offending program

WHen you have finished, go back to msconfig and select Normal Startup, and then OK, restart.

kwunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back