Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win Client Saveset -- aborted due to inactivity!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarraPOL

IS-IT--Management
Nov 16, 2007
EU
Hello,
NW 7.3.3 build 510
Windows Server 2000 SP4, there was 2 successful backups since a Win patch was applied to the client.

Having a issue where the SYSTEM DB: saveset will not backup error "aborted due to inactivity".

--- Unsuccessful Save Sets ---
**:SYSTEM DB:\ 1 retry attempted
**:SYSTEM DB:\ aborted due to inactivity

I've moved this client into it own group and still only SYSTEM DB: is not backing up. All other savesets (SYSTEM STATE:, SYSTEM FILES: & E:\) are backing up. I've increased the timeout value, client re-tries & just in case the parrallelism. But no luck.....

Does anybody have any idea what could be specific with mentioned saveset (SYSTEM DB:) to be failed during the backup??

--Log outputs------
01/24/08 13:28:28 savegrp: Clientapp14-b:SYSTEM DB:\ started a new job (392295) on host Clientapp14-b
01/24/08 13:28:28 savegrp: Clientapp14-b:SYSTEM FILES:\ started a new job (392296) on host Clientapp14-b
01/24/08 13:28:29 savegrp: Clientapp14-b:E:\ started a new job (392297) on host Clientapp14-b
01/24/08 13:58:46 savegrp: Aborting inactive job (392295) Clientapp14-b:SYSTEM DB:\
01/24/08 13:58:46 savegrp: command ' save -s NWSERVER -g TEST_GROUP -LL -m Clientapp14-b -t 1200820752 -l incr -q -W 78 -N "SYSTEM DB:\\" "SYSTEM DB:\\"' for client Clientapp14-b exited with return code 1
01/24/08 13:58:46 savegrp: Log file /nsr/tmp/sg.TEST_GROUP.Clientapp14-b.000007 is empty.
* Clientapp14-b:SYSTEM DB:\ Cannot determine status of backup process. Use mminfo to determine job status.
01/24/08 13:58:46 savegrp: Clientapp14-b:SYSTEM DB:\ unexpectedly exited.
01/24/08 13:58:46 savegrp: Clientapp14-b:SYSTEM DB:\ will retry 4 more time(s)

MS (more or less) is responsible of providing the data for the SYSTEM save sets. It seems that there is something wrong with the system/OS. Hard to define what exactly.

Hi ScarraPOL,

Try to make a backup manually from the Server to see if it works.
Please indicate the OS for the NetWorker Server

savegrp -nvp -s servername -c clientname -G group > c:\savegrp.txt 2>&1

I don't remember exactly the syntax of the savegrp, but try it and after that see the output file to see which is the error.

If you can't see any error, try to stop in the windows client the Service which is called Removable Storage. and try to run the backup again.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers.

......they took the easy way out....
the server team saw an opening where they could bounce the server which they did. we've been receiving successful backups since.
before the team bounced the server i ran some commands (-D9) from the server but did not receive any more information about the error.
the next step was to kick off the backup from the client
but the server team got in there before me and rebooted.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back