Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 98 SE and Duron 650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I've just installed Win 98 Second Edition on an AND Duron 650 system and get a problem similar to the Win 95 / AMD K62 350 timing bug...any ideas plz!!??

What MB are you using? I know the timing bug, but you say similar - what exactlt is the problem?

I have built tens of Duron systems without hassle; maybe I can help but I need more info..

Clive
clive@digitalsky.co.za

I am having similar problems with a Duron 700 and 98SE. When i first tried to install 98SE i kept getting various errors with suwin.exe. Once i finally got it installed i would get gpf errors with vxd files and tring to run a quake demo for graphics performance it would blue screen on me after a few minutes. Any suggestions?

I have a duron 800 and Win98SE I havent gotten these errors, I HAVE gotten these errors with an old K6-2/450, you get the error for one of 3 reasons.

1) (my reason) the Cpu has a burned out cache.
2) the rams are fried or a portion is
3) the timming error between Win95 and K6 processors, this should not affect win98.
Karl
kb244@kb244.com
Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back