Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 98 (1st Ed) Install / Uninstall Validation Failure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

trybry

Technical User
Jan 10, 2004
US
Hi,

Sorry for so many posts. It just a measure of the numerous
problems I've been having. This is the last one for now, I do appologize.

I am having a problem un-installing and or re-installing a program. The program won't let windows un-install or re-install.

Here's the message I keep getting;

Validation failed for - C:\windows\system\vsinit.dll

I seem to get the same message during either method.

How can I delete the program and attempt to re-install it.

Thanks

I've looked on the Web, do you use Zone Alarm? seems you need IE6. Try a search with -

Validation failed for - C:\windows\system\vsinit.dll

in Google and read from there. What is the program you are trying to uninstall?

Regards

MM

Thanks,

Yes I am using Zonealarm Pro. During the Authentication
error problems I had. Thats when I tried to uninstall it. I thought it was the culprit. Due to it's ability to block programs from getting to the internet. Now I can't re-install it or un-install it.

I am using a old back-up computer, until I can solve most of the security riddles (ZoneAlarm Pro, Antivirus and IE.)
solved.

Thanks again for the reply

I had this problem when I reinstalled 98, until a neighbor told me to put my old win 95 or disk in the drive, it's to verify for what ever reason you previously had a windows program installed prior to 98. Bottom line, that did thr trick, and the program loaded. Hope this helps.

WHEN I TRY TO INSTALL AND USE MY PRINTER I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE JSWESDLL,NOT LOADED lxbbsk0.dll

nama ;
Please start your own thread
- and PLEASE don't type in CAPS - it implies yelling/shouting
thank you

Start the thread over here --> Forum750

and state the OS you're using again (win98 i assume), and any history related to your prob, like
-- when it started occuring,
-- was there any software installed recently?
-- is this a USB printer?
-- did it ever work before?
thanks

TT4U

Notification:
These are just my thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions.
Backup All Important Data/Docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back