Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 2k Pro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2000
US
Visit site
Start menu and favorites and other MS apps. automatically collapse items that are used less frequently than others. How can I disable any of these automatic functions. Thank You.<br><br>-Mark

Click Start&gt;Settings&gt;Taskbar and Start Menu... and uncheck &quot;Use Personalized Menus&quot; <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most ...

The &quot;Use Personalized Menus&quot; checkbox is for the Start menu. After getting your advice, I also found the &quot;Enable Personalized Favorites Menu&quot; checkbox for IE5 in the Tools:Options:Advanced tab, then found the &quot;Menus use recently commands first&quot; checkbox in the Tools:Customize:Options in Word 2000. Thanks for the tip, MasterRacker. Hope this is also helpful for others.<br><br>-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back