Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 2K Pro Dial Up Networking problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunrosa

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2003
US
I have a PIII that was transferred to my location from another, was imaged with Win2k installed prior to transfer. Other location was networked, we are not, and I need to install a modem and DUN. Modem installs fine, communicates with Windows, no conflicts. Problem and steps so far:

1. When I try to add a new DUN, I go thru the steps to the point of entering the Country/Region and phone number. When I click on Country Region, the program halts with error: icwconn1.exe has generated errors and will be closed by WIndows. Click OK and it ends.

2. When I go to Control Panel, Phone and Modem Options, the first screen is asking me for Country/Region, and the drop down list is blank. Can't proceed further there without entering the Country/Region.

3. Went to Add Remove programs, Windows Components, DUN is not in the list available for install, nor is it in the list of installed programs so I could remove and reinstall.

Any ideas on what I can do from here? I don't have an installation disk, but I believe the cab files are on the PC.

Haven't found a solution at Microsoft yet - still looking.

Thanks in advance.

Gwen

1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
2. Double-click Services and Applications, and then double-click Services.
3. Right-click Telephony, and then click Properties.
4. On the General tab, click Manual next to Startup type.
5. On the General tab, click Start under Service status, and then click OK.
6. Repeat steps 3 - 5 for Remote Access Connection Manager and Remote Access Auto Connection Manager

Correct solution posted - thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back