Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WIN 2K connecting to novell 3.12

Status
Not open for further replies.

upa

Technical User
Apr 13, 2001
SG
Hi,

I am unable to connect to a sqlbase database which resides on Novell 3.12 from a 2000 client, using a 16 bit application. The error that I get is 'Cannot load library sqlspxw'. The comdll used is sqlspxw. I have installed client 32.
Please reply at the earliest.

Bye,
Uma

First you don't need the client32 software if you're working with netware 3.x .
you can login to the server in binary mode under the csnw in control panel in the win2k workstation.
second. it sounds more like a application problem with the database your using. is it compatible to netware? can it work in a network enviornment?

also check the protocols your using to connect to the database.

hi,
The appplication is compatible with netware. Ity works in a network environment.

I have checked the protocols. Can you suggest which protocol to use?
Bye
Uma

It doesn't sound like you have a netware problem. It sounds more like an application problem. Did you try it on a win95/98/Me workstation?
16-bit apps programs should work on W2K. If they need a vxd or other type of device drivers, the drivers may need updating for it to work.
My suggestion, Download the service pack 2 for win2k and see if that will work. if it doesen't, contact the manufacturer.

How many protocols are you using? Have you setup NWLink/IPX as your default? Try getting rid of Client32 (you will need the Client32 Uninstall Utility for this) and make sure it is completely out of the registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back