Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 2k at start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeBeau

IS-IT--Management
Jul 23, 2002
US
Hi:
Need help.
I need to display my company/business name on my pc at start up.
For example whe the pc first starts up before runing anything
I would like to display my name along with the DELL splash screen.
Help

aer you talking about teh dell BIOS splash screen before it gets to starting windows?

-Brandon Wilson
MCSE00/03, MCSA:Messaging, MCSA03, A+
almost got a paragraph there :)

That is embedded in the bios itself I believe - not sure if it can be changed. However, you may have a read of the following which may help:
- deals with changing splash screen on Dell laptops
Best place to ask would be the Dell forums where this question has also been posed -

Claudius (What certifications??)

ADog: yes that splash screen!
Thanks

yea that top link from claudek...that has how to do it..but you need to find the specific utility to set the bmp in...other than that, its just as easy as changing the windows splash screen...change the bitmap and reboot...he is also correct though, it is in BIOS memory...not hard coded however, or else it would not be possible to change it...according to that article, that utlity can change it on a laptop, if it can be done on a laptop, you'd hope it can be done on something that costs 5x as much +

-Brandon Wilson
MCSE00/03, MCSA:Messaging, MCSA03, A+
almost got a paragraph there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back