Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 2003 server email issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashc123

Technical User
Oct 3, 2001
US
we can send out email and recieve email in house (from another machine in the domain).All other email from outside domains(ie. hotmail) get rejected... it even hits the machine that has the email server, I can see where it passes through the router/firewall. How to get the 2003 email server (not exchange) to recognize it as valid email? anyone have any ideas?

i doubt this is a win2k3 issue - whats the email server software you run?

It was the built in pop3 email that is packaged with win2k3. Hopefully we solved the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling IIS. although we have gone with a 3rd party email server....now we just have to decide if we want to use the 3rd party or the one that comes with win2k3

ahh right..
well, just to clear a couple of things up - pop3 is only for receiving the email to the client, its the smtp server that would be causing you the trouble - its that which receives email from other email servers

Sorry about the confusion there. I am a newbie to all this and dont' have the terms down. but I do appreciate the help. Hopefully one day (really soon ) I will have this thing up and running with no problems. **fingers crossed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back