Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 2000Pro Domain not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkmac

Technical User
Dec 14, 2000
US
Please Help,

I was loading Outlook 98 on a Win 2000 Pro machine. During install it asked me to replace a DLL file. I hit yes by acident. The install completed and then auto rebooted. The initial logon screen came online. When I put in Admin user name and pass and hit enter. A msg came up saying the system could not log you on now because the Domain *** is not available. I tryed other users but nothing. I also tried to boot in every mode but cant get passed that screen? Any help would great

Mic.....

On the logon screen display the domain name (can use the options button on the logon screen if not displayed by default. Enter the machine name in the domain block of the logon box. Try logging on as the adminsitrator using the password from when the system was installed. If you don't have that password or if it still doesn't let you logon, a technical reference book - you will have to boot the machine in repair mode.

Larry Gerlt
A+ CNA CNE MCP+Internet MCSE
lgerlt@tconl.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back