Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 2000 Server RRAS Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

madpete

IS-IT--Management
Aug 17, 2002
GB
Hi,
I have a Win 2000 Server with Active Directory Installed, DNS but no DHCP.

All the PC's on the network have a static IP and are configured to access the Internet throught a DSL Router. This all works fine !

I can't get 2 of the users who have Win XP Pro laptops to dialin and have access to the network.. Both the laptops work fine on the network, when connected via a lan cable, but when I try to dial in I get error 678.

I have installed RRAS, but I'm not sure if I've set it up correctly.

Can anyone point me to a URL that has a step by step walk through on how to Install / Configure and get working Remote Dail in Acess, and how to configure the to XP Pro Laptops to connect to the server..

Many Thanks

Pete

I've tried dialing in to the server from home.. And I connected was asked for Username, Password and Domain Name, then I got error 733 TCP Error..

I seems i've not configured the protocols required for dial in.. How do I do this ?
At the server end ? and at the Windows XP Pro Laptops ??

Regards
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back