Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 2000 and MIMS configuration in Control Panel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VonSchau

Technical User
Jun 20, 2001
CZ
Hello,
When I installed MIMS 4.3.1.2 on the Win 2000 system 5.00.2195 SR1 MIMS client work OK.
But when I traied use MIMS Configuration in Control Panel, closely Extender and UI General, the system display Message about DCom component install proces, it was two second long.
But system didn´t install Dcom and I cannot use settings. All of the described MIMS Configuration component have connection with Paradox Engine. Should I make any special settings for Win 2000 ?
I need use this functionality, because I would like to use user Tables and subsets.
Thanks for Help.

>:-< Von Schau

There is a fix from Mincomavailable now for that problem. However, the quickest way I know how to solve this is to install Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 or higher, which contains the proper COM object for that app.

MR

Quicker still, copy
msyg0250.dll and msyg0260.dll
from your bin directory to your windows\system32 dir

The regsvr32 c:\winnt\system32\msyg0250.dll &
regsvr32 c:\winnt\system32\msyg0260.dll

Von Schau

I hope you found these suggestions helpful. I'd been experiencing the same problems & had the techos try out both suggestions. They came back saying both worked. We've gone the copy 'msyg0250.dll and msyg0260.dll' route.

Thanks for the suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back