Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 16 subsystem has insufficient resources to continue running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsjames

Programmer
Apr 7, 2003
US
Customer is running FP2.6 app. Was running fine till roughly 07-15-2009. Where upon they began to experience the error, 'Win 16 subsystem has insufficient resources to continue running. Click OK to close your applications and restart your machine.'

Customer running XP, plenty of memory on PCs [2-4M] We suspect recent [virus scan] download. Any inputs greatly appreciated.

Just a guess here...

How large a data table are you working with?

The times that I have encountered that error message, I was either working with a LARGE table and/or I was doing operations that required LOTS of memory.

This problem was exacerbated if I happened to be concurrently running other "Memory Hog" applications such as Excel, etc.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

All tables are in the sub-Meg range. Maxium of 3000 records per table. All tables are purged and packed weekly. Nothing app wise has changed. App has been in use since 1993.

So what hardware change, or operating system change did you make around 07-15-2009?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back