Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Will this old Seagate Backup Exec run on Windows 2000 Professional??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNN

Programmer
Sep 13, 2000
US
I have an old Seagate Software called "Backup Exec" ver 2.0j(oem), for Windows 95 and 98. Will this software run on Windows 2000 Professional?? Is there a driver out there for Windows 2000 Professional?? I think Seagate sold off this software but don't know to whom.

I am using a Sony Superstation tape drive with this software.

TNN, Tom
TOM

For Windows 2000, you need Backup Exec version 4.4.
I am not sure if this version was produced by Seagate Software or Veritas.

Dear Tom:

Did you ever find a final solution to your problem? Hope so.

I need to retrieve info from what I think is a Conner CDN 360 R-F tape drive (which I am looking for too), and if you happen to have a copy of the old Seagate Software called "Backup Exec" ver 2.0j(oem), for Windows 95 and 98, would you "lend" it to me?

I am new here, so I do not know if there is any way for you to respond privetyly to me. If not, kindly respond to the forum, since I know a way we can safely exchange e-mails addresses.

Regards, and thank you in advance.

Hans L

I have a copy of a program called Seagate Backup Exec on the back it says Server Solutions 9 for Sto P/N 31001709-003 Quick Start Edition, E/F/G/S
Item # SBE-CHOE-0009ST
NT & NW Quick Start S/N 01-6554-0139-020709
Does anyone know what this is and if it is a full program or an update? Thanks in advance for our help.

Hans L,

Sorry Hans. I discarded all my seagate software.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back