Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Will switching expansion card cause memory loss on MICS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

norteld

Vendor
Apr 9, 2007
US
Hello all you Nortel gurus. I have a customer with an MICS with 6.1 software who needs to go from a 2 port fiber expansion card to a 6 port expansion card to accommodate another 0X16 station mod. Will switching this card cause the system to lose its memory? They have a PRI so memory loss would not be a good thing to say the least. As usual, any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Should be no problem at all. But it does not hurt to do a backup, just in case.

the book says you can go upward in size but not downward in size.

backup Backup BACKUP!!!

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Agreed.
Shouldn't be an issue.
Backup. Make sure set relocation is off. Make sure to connect any existing modules to the same expansion port on the 6 port card.

-SD-

Just make sure you don't power it up until you put the 6 port card in. The system will see that as a downgrade, and default programming.

I had a tech that did that a few years ago. Messy.

2 port to 6 port expansion card change, connect port 3 to port 3 and port 4 to port 8 to maintain trunk numbering

Thanks for all the words of wisdom. I did a backup of the programming and then switched out the expansion card and it came up like a champ with no memory loss! I appreciate all of your advise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back