Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Will restarting the call manager service reboot all phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCasey193

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2012
US
I have updated some licenses and now I want to restart the call manager service. I do not want to reboot all of the phones (500+ devices) during business hours. Will the restart of the service cause the phones to reboot? Thanks for the help.

Why do you want to restart the call manager service after loading new licenses?
Do you have 1 call manager or cluster? If 1, yes, your phones will re-register (prob 5 min)
If you have a cluster, phones will register to next cucm in line, then once the service restart is complete the phones will register back to their local sub.

Hello BCasey,

After the licenses upload, you will have to restart the CallManager service.
No phones will be reboot during the process - rest assured.

during the service restart, your phones will still be registered with the Subscriber. (They were still registered to the subs before reboot, and will be registered there itself even after )

During the restart, your CM database will be in read-only mode (Subscriber only is active):
This will not affect your phone operations.
This will only affect device profile logins and logouts. If the profiles are already logged on, it will not affect. If you are trying to login or logout during the Publisher CM service is down, this will be affected.

-NO downtime on phone
-No downtime on telephony service
-No modification can be performed on Call Manager when Publisher Call Manager is down
-NO login/logout can be performed when Pub CM service is down.

After the Pub service is back UP, you can work normally as before.

Thanks
Nitish

As state above. Only a Pub means downtime. Pub+Sub means redundancy.

But as pbxn said. Why a reset. I never had to reset to activate licenses :s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back