Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Will Office 2000 install on Win 2k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi
Every time I attempt to run the install of office 2000 on my win 2k server machine the machine locks up totally. Come to think of it I have never come across a server running office.... is there a valid reason why I am not getting office to install... if so please do tell.

Many Thanks

i think there is no reason that office 2000 wont install on your server, perhaps there is a policy issue here ?

I currently have O2K running on a W2K server, however, it is part of an NT 4 domain and is not participating in AD. Check disk space. Ensure you load the current SP also.

[bigears]

How much disk spaced do you have and also check your memory? I currently have office 2k running on win2k server

I use Office 2K on Windows 2K Server, without AS or a domain and it works fine...

Dominic S. Vautour, OCP

Of course MS Office 2000 works on Win2K. It even works on W2K Advanced Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back