Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Will moving VM node from VM (Virtual Machine) Cluster to another affect the hardware KEY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitz92

Technical User
Feb 14, 2005
US
I am moving this VM node FRWS9999 from VM (Virtual Machine) Cluster to another. Also change change the IP address.

Question:
Will the following vm moves affecxt the PSQL v11sp2 KEY? Will it invalidate the hardware KEY in any way?
Please help!

Thanks,
Blitz92

It could invalidate the license key. If you are concerned, I would suggest deauthorizing the key, move the VM, then reauthorize the key.
If you were using VX, this would not be an issue as it is designed for VM environments more so than the "classic" PSQL.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Hi Mirtheil -

Thanks for replying to my post about the VM. As you suggested about deauthorizing the key, move the VM, then reauthorize the key.
Question:
When you first deauthorize the key, what exactly happens?
How do I really know that the action of deathorization has been successful?
Does it delatae some config file somewhere on my box or on the vendor's computers? How fast does it go?
Can i check anywhere anywhere on my workstation to see how the deauthorization takes place?

This will really help me know that action has taken place before i catually move the VM.

Thanks again,
blitz92

The docs show how to deauthorize a license. Basically, when you deauthorize, it contacts the Pervasive Actian license server and marks it "deauthorized". It won't work again until it's authorized.
When it is successful, a message will be displayed. How fast it is depends on how fast your network connection is and how busy the server is. It shouldn't take more than a few seconds though.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back