Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Will CCM 5.1.1 support two voicemail options? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmans

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2003
US
My question is, will CCM 5.1.1 support two voicemail options. I have a client who has split into two separate entities and wants to share their current Cisco VoIP solution which includes CCM/Unity. One side wants to use Exchange 2007 UM for voicemail. Can call manager be configured to do this? Can phone numbers be put into groups and the groups be pointed to separate Voice Mail systems? Any and all information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

Do it right the first time, and there won't be a second time!

Yes, we have a cluster with 5 voice mail systems on it. All you need to do after integrating the second system to the CCM is create another voice mail pilot and profile. Then in the directory number profile, you can select which voice mail system to send the call to.

Just make sure a phone doesn't have mailboxes on two more more systems. If a message somehow comes in on the other system, the light will turn on and after the user presses the messages button they will be told there are no new messages (because they are calling another system). Not the end of the world, but confusing to the users.

Thank you HmmG3, that's exactly what I needed to know. Kudo's to HmmG3 !!!!! :)

Do it right the first time, and there won't be a second time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back