Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wiki Migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tusk

Technical User
Oct 21, 2002
GB
Hi All,

I've just managed to successfully migrate a site from our MOSS 2007 test area to production using the smigrate.exe tool. Problem is, the Wiki site is now completely wrong. On the original site, the links page was displayed when you opened the Wiki, now the sit displays as a document library!

Any one have any idea what went wrong and, mor importantly, how to get it right again??

Thanks

Tusk

I thought that SMigrate didn't exist in 2007 (?), but either way - Check the "Quick Launch" settings for the site and change the URL the Wiki link points to, so that it points to the correct location.

Site Actions - site settings - Quick Launch -- You might have to delete the link and re-add it, as default QL links are uneditable

Thank you, that did the trick.

smigrate is from Portal 2003 but I found an article on Microsofts site that said it could be used in MOSS 2007 so I gave it a try and it seemed to work. A bit fiddly as you've got to create a blank, non-templated site, to receive the migrated content so have to use stsadmin. It doesn't appear to migrate subsites as a whole so you need to move these separately.

Tusk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back