Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wierd problem with GW Client crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndabbot

MIS
Feb 7, 2003
AE
Hi everyone,

I've got a wierd problem with crashing my GW client all the time. We Have GW 6.5, client is with SP3. Once I install it I can work and everything seems fine, however, when I close client and reopen it again, I can't reply, create or open messages anymore. After reinstallation everything seems again fine till next client closure
Can anybody help me?

Is there any error codes/messages when you try these functions? Or do they just seem to hang and not respond when you select them? And one last question, will the problem follow if you login to GW on another machine?

FarOut
V-Peace-V

No error codes. It just tells that GW client has encountered problem and needs to be closed. On other PCs its working fine, no problems.
I have a feeling that something is happening with local profile of GW, however, I can not find there it resides and how to make a new profile

Uninstall the client, run the GW Cleaning Agent, re-install.

GW6.5 SP3 client is very buggy. Right clicking saving attachments usually causes it to bomb. I've rolled our SP3 clients to SP2 and that is really stable.

Apparently SP4 is out shortly.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back