Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wierd Phone and Mailbox issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

salonge

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2008
US
Hi all

This is a weird situation, hopefully, someone can help me. The director's extension started ringing with an inside call coming from phone extension 2282. When he picked up the phone there was no one there. The phone continues to ring until he literally unplugs the phone, with calls coming from that extension. After a while I plugged the phone back in and it seemed to stop. I called the extension 2282, got a message "Mailbox Full" and the director's phone started ringing again non-stop. I went into the Nortel system and checked the extension and it is an extension; as if it is set up for use. We have no extensions that we use that start with that number. I checked to see if this extension had a mailbox and it did not.

I need some insight. My director's extension is 3002, so I don't know how the connection is made.

Check the main admin/default mailbox, it may be full.

make sure the mbox that is full does not have remote notify to the directors ext

WORK SMART NOT HARD

Thanks to all that responded. Trivir1 - I will see if I can get that mailbox cleaned out. It says almost full. Norstaryboy125 and Stsguy - there is no mailbox associated with this number.

Check for a stuck button on 2282 that is set for internal autodial to his extension.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back