Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wierd? My .prg files do not automatically compile when I change them

Status
Not open for further replies.

metron9

Programmer
Mar 5, 2002
US
When i work on .prg files and make a change and save the file when i use program manager to "RUN" the file it isnt recompiling the file. It use to and just stopped doing it today. If I manually select the file and compile it its fine.

I make a file

? 'hello'
and run it its fine

i modify it to
? 'hello'
? 'there'

and it still just prints hello
I compile it and its fine

How did I turn off automatic compiling?

Go to TOOLS -> OPRIONS -> IDE and look for the compile before saving checkbox... at least in VFP 7.

Brian

Using 6.0, and yep I checked there, I dont find any IDE settings anywhere to set. It was doing it just fine forever and suddenly just stopped. Maby I will reboot machine it could be something in the system time and date environment variable or something. If that was altered to a date after todays date. stab in the dark who knows.

Your correct, I don'y see it under 6 either.

Try deleting all he .fxp files in the directory.

Sometimes there's a problem if you copy a prg into a directory with an fxp from a different program (time stamp) with the same name.

If SET TALK is ON, you might notice a "source out of date" message on the status bar's left when you try to run the PRG.

Brian

Nope rebooted and tried new directory new files and it just isn't working any more. Unless I can figure this out I am just going to have to reinstall foxPro I guess. pretty crazy.

Cancell that last post and Thank you very much BPeisch it works. I never touched that box so I wonder how it got unchecked? O well i don't care about that as long as it works now. Ahhhh, I can sleep now thanks again.

With the VFP editor open go to Edit ->Properties and check the 'Compile before saving' option. There other useful options that you can also set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back