Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WIC-1DSU-T1 -vs- WIC-1DSU-T1-V2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinesjrh

MIS
Jan 4, 2005
US
What is the difference in the two versions (old & new) of this WIC card?

My end goal is to be able to implement MLPPP on some 2610, 2620, and 2620XM routers. I have 53 sites that currently have a single T1, but I am adding a second T1 to each site. Based upon what I have read so far it seems that the v2 cards will not work in the 2610 and 2620 routers (true?). If true, I'll have to purchase the older version of the WIC's on the refurbished market. Maybe I should just purchase all refurbished WIC's for this whole project???

I know the older cards do not work with the ISR family routers but I thought the new worked in the old. But still with the current price of the new style there are loads of old T1 cards on EBay some NIB.

Apart from price (the WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 is the more expensive of the two) the WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 offers all of the same features of the WIC-1DSU-T1. Cisco describes the WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 as an "updated" version of the older WIC-1DSU-T1 (which is EOL). The 2600's you mention should run with the V2 card - checked it on Cisco's software advisor and it agrees.

Main differences include:

WIC-DSU-T1

One-port T1/fractional T1 DSU/CSU WIC

Supported on: 1600, 1600R, 1700, 2600, 2600XM, 3600 and 3700

Wet T1 Capable: No

Short Cable Length Command: No

Network Equipment Building Standards (NEBS): No

WIC-1DSU-T1-V2

Updated one-port T1/fractional T1 DSU/CSU WIC

Supported on: 1700, 2600, 2600XM, 3600, 3700 and ICS 7750

Wet T1 Capable: Yes

Short Cable Length Command: Yes - used to configure attenuation for short cable lengths (<660 feet)

Network Equipment Building Standards (NEBS): Yes (Type I/III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back