Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WI-fi card in Acer laptop not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

panathinaikos

Technical User
Feb 17, 2011
Hello
I have an ACER Aspire 5920G laptop.I replace the motherboard and load windows 7 home premium.The system works normally with one exception; WiFi wireless card Intel(R) WiFi link 4965AGN not working.

It is detected by Device manager with proper drivers loaded.When I open device manager list I can see it activated. However on the left down corner it has always a red x on it. And the button that enables it dows not do anything.

I test it on another computer and it works perfectly.

I do not know what happened.Any idea will be appreciated.

Was the replaced motherboard identical to the original one. I.e same revision number etc?
Have you rechecked to see that the connections to the 'enable' button were firmly in place?
Is there any option in the BIOS to enable/disable the wireless device?

ROGER - G0AOZ.

I don't remember on this one particularly, and maybe this is what G0AOZ was referring to, but if there is a separate wifi switch board from the motherboard, did you double check that it was attached correctly and firmly? If the switch is directly on the motherboard, are you sure you had the button and the plastic switch properly positioned before you inserted the motherboard into the bottom bezel? If not, you could have damaged the switch which is why it is not functioning.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back