Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why was thread "WIN 7 Ultimate - Lost Admin Password" deleted? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stduc

Programmer
Nov 26, 2002
GB
Seemed innocent enough to me or am I too naive?

This is not a slam, but I'm imagining lots of people on here are not "IT Professionals" as in they make their living off of IT. Let's face it, you don't have to pass a test to sign up and post advice here.

What does your document say about snooping around in people's documents? See the following - I got a HUGE laugh out of this one and a little creepy feeling too. It's short so read it all.

Hilarious! One of the best Privacy Statements I've read.

Regards: Terry

Shoot. I'll have to read that craiglist listing at home, b/c the proxy server at work blocked it. Is it that bad, or did the work filter pick it up on key words?

That's funny that it was filtered. NO bad words at all. Maybe you're being blocked from C.L. in general.

No, I can view Craigslist normal listings. Maybe it's b/c it's under the "Best" category, looking at the link text. Our proxy servers got a LOT stricter as of the last month or so - new server. It was so bad, initially, that they had to shut it down for at least a few days or a week, b/c it was blocking practically everything.

It still blocks access to some forums. [cry].

BUT NOT tek-tips! [bigsmile]

I agree... Hiren's is great. I have it in the drawer right next to me. Saved my butt a few times.

... like the Windows 7 SP1 that totally trashed my machine....

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back