Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why the Image>Transform>distort option stopped working? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

designbr

Technical User
Mar 29, 2005
US
I am fixing one logo for one company and to do so I have to place new letters on top of the old ones individually (obviously working with their background separately) and distort them until they are in the right position and size. I could make it with two of them and I need just one letter to finish my job. I opened the new layer, used the text tool, wrote the letter and then tried to distort (everything was done the same way as the other 2 letters) but the option distort and perspective appear blocked and I can't get my job done. Why does it happening??

No. I went back to redo it and verify but the marquee wasn't selected.
Please, other ideas?

I understood what you told me. Basically the whole image was given to me and the logo has four different letters. Two of them were changed. What I did was write the first one and place it above the old one which worked perfectly. For the second one this not happening. Anyway I tried to open again and do what you told me but nothing.At the end just for you to compehend I will have the background (original), two letters (each one in different layers), and some patterns in between to fill the space around the letters (those layers come below the respective letter.
I hope you understood what I told you.

Usually to change text perspective, you have to rasterize it. Select the text layer then go to Layer-Rasterize-type. Then you should have no problem transforming it, but be warned that once rasterized, you can no longer go back and edit any filters or effects on the text, i hope this help.

thecynicality is right, you have to rasterize the text to perform the perspective or distort.

On a side note, if you are trying to create or "rebuild" a logo, you would be better off to do that in illustrator.

Chad

Yoderman94.com

I'm sorry not answering this before. I don't know for sure about the others but I have to tell you that in MY CS I had to Rasterize the text as thecynicality told. Was the first option that worked!! It was so right and I was so excited that I couldn't answer until I have finished my work. Now it's perfect! Thanks a lot to all of you guys!!

I had to work from an original photo and not from a logo file done in Photoshop. Maybe that's the difference. Imagine a picture of a brand name and you want to place another letter on top of it. This what I had to do. Maybe that's make it all. I don't know. I was accepting any suggestions and this one was excellent but as I always tell: I love computers and always pray that they will work with me and not against because I don't understand them too much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back