Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why the busy signals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeydidit

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2003
US
Hi guys. I need to setup something that basically passes through one hunt group to go to another. I have a VDN> to vector> to temporary hunt group> hunt night service activated> goes to another hunt group. This works great.. Problem is when the end hunt group night service
( extension 1 ring to voicemail. )is pressed I get a busy signal. Any ideas?

Thanks
Mikeydidit

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Could it be a violation of AVAYA's mysterious "Double Coverage" security rule? Coverage the first time to voicemail is okay. But if something uses coverage to get to something else that covers to voicemail then voicemail doesn't answer because of "Double Coverage".

Well I suppose it could be. If the system considers calls from hunt group night service as a coverage. Which makes since. I tried to look that up in the ACD admin guide, but couldn't find it. I have one of those goofy workarounds that I have to come up for our IT helpdesk for this weekend. Of course they can't give me a time so I can't setup my vector with different TOD on. It. I had this in mind so they could press the hunt night service button and start taking calls. Then press the button again and make those calls go back to the original ACD group. All works but the out of hours message.

Thanks for the reply. I'll come up with something for them.

What if you routed the calls to a VDN instead of the Hunt Group and in the Vector did either a 'queue-to' or 'route to with coverage y'?

Kevin

Hey Kevin. That's kinda where I think I am going to have to go with this. I can setup the second group a ACD group. Then add a go to step in the initial vector that's something like
02 goto step 19 if staffed-agents in skill 23 < 1

I will still have to remove their TOD schedule but their hunt group night service points to an out of hours VM box (same out of hours box.)

Then I could have the three agents log in and take calls in the temp location. When their through they log back into aux-work and their calls go back to their main group like usual.

Just trying to help them from publishing a new number that will be gone after the weekend. So using their main helpdesk number will be a challenge, but I think I can make it work for them..

Good seeing ya on here..

Mike

Mikeydidit,.,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back