Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why "Not Enough Space on temporary disk"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jane30

Programmer
Nov 14, 2000
US
Hi, in my Access 97 datase running on Windows XP, I ran a make-table query which joins 2 tables together. Both tables have over 1 million records each. I got an error message: Error 3183 Not Enough Space on Temporary Disk. From the Help provided with this error message, I read this error is caused by no enough space on the disk that TEMP variable sits. The TEMP variable (local settings/temp) is on my local drive c:\. I have 98GB free space on c:\. So, I'm not quite how this error can be caused by "Not enough space" on my c:\.

Do this message mean the limit on MaxBufferSize set in the Registry? If yes, should I change it?
Thanks a bunch in advance.[3eyes]

Sounds like your pagefile needs to be enlarged. On Windows 2000 you manage this by

- right-clicking "My Computer"
- selecting "Properties"
- selecting the "Advanced Tab"
- selecting "Performance Options"
- selecting "Virtual Memory"

I expect it's the same (or very similar) on XP.

check size of mdb file. The max size for Access 97 only 1G, for Access 2000 only 2G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back