Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why No Display Setting Tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

NazzcaPro

Technical User
Aug 11, 2001
AU
This happened when I installed SP1 for XP Home Edition. If I move the mouse around at the top, it does actually go into each tab's properties (as if the tabs were there) and when I change something in the properties and push Apply - it works but then if I press Ok - it give me a Address error. It's really odd.

screenSettings.jpg

All of my display drivers are correct and not corrupt. I'm running the 3D Prophet II Ti and I'm sure it has nothing to do with those drivers.

download latest video drivers for your videocard and try to reinstall them ... seems a registry problem to me ... patje.

It's the Upgrade and it's the retail version. This only happened when I installed SP1 though and I have the updated Detonator 4 drivers for my 3D Prophet II Ti. It is really odd. I switched between a couple drivers and that still didn't make a difference (for nVidia and for Hercules).

What registry entry are you thinking about jesuske?

Some general things to try.

Try Safe Mode (Do you have this problem in Safe Mode?).

Run the System File Checker program from the Run Box by typing.....Sfc /Scannow in it .

HOW TO: Verify Unsigned Device Drivers in Windows XP

Do you have the option to Uninstall SP1 and revert to a pre SP1 environment?

If they don't work you could try repairing windows itself by running it over itself. You will lose all your windows updates but your files will be untouched.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP (Q315341)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back