Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why Nero 6.0.0.11 gave this error ?? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

busuabo

Technical User
Jan 24, 2003
CA
I've been using Nero 6.0.0.11 for a few weeks with no problem. Yesterday, when I tried to burn a data CD from the HD , it gave out the error message : " Drive is in use by another application" even though there was only a blank CD in the CD-RW drive. Everything seemed normal until I clicked "Burn" in the final stage. I have done the following without success :

1) Uninstall Nero and cleanup its entries in the Registry using "Registry Crawler"
2) Reinstall Nero from scratch.

On the other hand , I could burn another CD using Cheetah on the same burner . So, this is a software problem with Nero.
__I wonder if DirectCD has anything to do with this as I also used this program to copy files on UDF formatted CD-RWs for backup purposes.

Please advise how to fix this problem ( My system : WinXP Pro Sp1, Celeron 900 ).

Thanks

It may be an IMAPI conflict. Try it with the IMAPI service disabled.

BTW, stay current with updates to Nero 6.x, it is a remarkably buggy release.

Thanks for the tip but how can I turn off IMAPI service in WinXP ? I am a real novice in this area.

start - run, type services.msc

Find "IMAPI CD Burning service" in the list, right click and choose properties.

Change it to disabled and stop the service if it's running.

Thanks ,shaner66 and bcastner, for the excellent tips. ! Bcastner's diagnosis was right-on ! and Nero was back and "Baby burns, baby !!" Thank you... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back