Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why my ldap password is not expired when login into AIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

van12

Technical User
Nov 17, 2012
DK
The LDAP server is 389-console (redhat directory server)

Even the account got this attribute "passwordExpirationTime: 19700101000000Z", he stills can login to AIX without beeing prompt for changing the password (just like on linux or hplux ldap client).

Any hints?

Check out this, may be related.

Mike

"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."

Thanks, I do not having such problem described from the mentioned bug.

I use the newest 389-console on the ldap server and all RH/suse-ldap clients and hpux-ldap clients works flawless, meaning the os prompts a "you need to change password" EXCEPT the aix-ldap clients, it login to the OS right away after you enter the password. The problem is the "only aix users" can login to the OS without ever need to change his password.

any hints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back