Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why is the modified date not changing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iannuzzelli

Programmer
Jan 4, 2003
US
I was using Visual Studio 2000 and the project modified date always showed the correct date. When I upgraded to VS 2003 the project modified date does not change.

Any thoughts?

I have the same question. I have Visual Studio .NET 2003 and the Project Modified date doesn't seem to change. Is there a way to make it change to reflect the last date the project was changed?

Turns out that Visual Studio .NET 2003 uses the date of the .sln file as the modified date in the Start page. If the .sln file is not modified, the date shown in the Start page does not change. The .sln file is modified when you add or remove projects, change solution options, etc. Just opening a solution and working on your code doesn’t update the .sln file.

I have noticed this as well, but is it possible to patch this behavior? I have several projects that have similar names (AB12CD34EF56, AB12CD35EF56, AB22CD34EF56, etc) and was used to using the date to sort out which was which.

Unfortuneatly I have no control over what the projects are named (shared source files and project folders), so I am currently back to using a pen and legal pad to keep track of which project I am currently working on, and we thought we were progressing ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back