Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why is my text jagged at first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrendanM

Technical User
Aug 22, 2001
GB
This is driving me crazy! :(

I created a Flash movie, just like I have done many times before... in the beginning, I've got some text that starts out scaled large and transparent, then shrinks and becomes visible on the screen via tweening. The problem is, when the animation first starts, the text is aliased/jagged, even though I clicked 'anti-alias text' in my Flash file. Indeed, once the text "snaps" into place and finishes tweening, it becomes anti-aliased. The rest of the movie is fine, even though this same effect appears several times. If I put it on loop, it doesn't happen the second time, etc. But if I refresh the page, the text is always, always jagged for the first few seconds until the first tween stops. It's not any weird font or anything, just Arial. Also I confirmed that it happens on other computers, not just mine.

What the heck is going on? Thanks!

Have you tried redoing that tween? Are you sure Antialias Text was selected before making your tween? And you didn't select it halfway through, on your second tween key frame?

Just a thought!

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back