Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why is Access rounding up my numbers!? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmn

Programmer
Apr 3, 2003
US
Hello,

I have a table where I enter bid information - per square foot. Sometimes the difference between a winning bid and a losing bid is 2 cents. For example, a winning bid may be $17.02 per square foot and the losing bid is $17.04 per square foot.

When I enter this information into access (no matter what data type I select or how many decimal places) - Access lists them both as $17. I have no issues with this - but I know my client definitely will since they want to see things down to the penny.

I figure I shouldn't waste any more time trying to figure this out on my own and someone has probably went through it before and it's something simple........

Thx,
Lisa

Are you sure that the DATA TYPE propery of the field in the table is CURRENCY and that you changed DECIMAL PLACES to 2?

Jim

"Get it right the first time, that's the main thing..." [wavey]

If you are using number instead....change the number field length to DOUBLE. This will stop access from rounding it off. In fact i have my access properties set to default all my numerical fields to double just for that reason.

hope this helps.
:)

m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back