Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why I can't use "Paint " to read jpg file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamyuwang

Technical User
Mar 20, 2003
HK
Why I can't use "Paint " to read jpg file?
Anybody can tell me how to make the paint to read jpg file
THanks~~

Because Paint uses a different file format than JPG. Are you just trying to view the image or do you also want to modify it?

There's a ton of shareware/freeware/commercial programs available to view/edit. If it's just for viewing, I use Imaging (win98SE, it's under Start, Programs, Accessories)

Cheers,

Cheers,

Realm174

You must be using Win95. The version of Paint that comes with Win98 can read jpeg's but can ony save in BMP or GIF format. As REALM174 says, there are a lot of Freeware/Shareware programs out there that can modify just about any graphic file. (If you're just looking to view, your browser does a pretty good job!)

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

if you are on office 97, you can also try microsoft photo editor. its a small separate program on its own which you can access from the program menu. if you dont have it on the c drive. you can get it from the office97 CD

xhaya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back