Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

why have no permission to my mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

enta

MIS
Aug 20, 2001
CN

My computer has created several people's location in Lotus Notes.But Oftenly, When i click the mailbox button on the desktop after i entered my location, Notes warm me that i have no permission to enter the mailbox.But actually i am in my own location now.

I'd really appreciate any help!
Thanks.

Make sure that when you switch the location that you are also switching ID's. As long as you are on the ACl of the Mailfile and you are using the correct ID then there is no reason why you should not be able to access it. Lamaar75@hotmail.com

If you did switch ID and that didn't help then take a look at the database properties and verify that the server and mailfile name (without .nsf extension) is exactly the same as the server and mailfile that's listed in the location document you are using.

in the location document there is a field that tells you where the mail file is. when you change the location, it updates the links to reflect this information. you will need to make sure that the mail file location is correct and that the id file is being changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back