Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why doesn't it Install anymore??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tejanorey

Technical User
Mar 23, 2002
US
I have used Photoshop 7 before on my computer..uninstalled it awhile back and now want it back..

BUT

It doesn't install anymore..its not the key..

But Windows give me an error message saying that the Data1.cab is wrong or something..

Microsoft must of "updated" my OS..and is now not allowing me to install any major installations..

I have ran Norton Anti virus..and no viruses.

I have ran Ad-Ware..and no Spyware..

I have had it scanned online and no viruses or spyware..

Any Gurus that can help me out with this?

NOTE: It worked on my wife's computer..but her's has never been online..bought her's this year..and she also has Windows XP Home Edition.

Tejanorey

"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
- Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War; shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered to not wear their khaki leggings to keep the enemy from immediately fleeing

Data1.cab is the file on the Photoshop disk, sounds like the disk may be damaged or there may be a problem reading from your cd drive.

how can I go around this??

If its my CD Drive, what do I do??

If its my disk, what do I do??

Tejanorey

"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
- Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War; shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered to not wear their khaki leggings to keep the enemy from immediately fleeing

Try copying the contents of the disk onto your hard drive and then installing. That sometimes works.

I have had a similar problem with some macromedia products and sometimes that would work. The problem was something to do with my cd setup I think, definitely was an OS problem, but I can't remember what I did to fix it. (ended up getting a new computer anyway, so I may not have fixed it in the end)

Good luck (although you have probably fixed it by now anyway).

I tried doing that but it gave me a different error...

Tejanorey

What i had 2 do was 2 get a photoshop update unzipp it & take the data1 file out of it & then copy the whole photoshop cd to my documents....replace the data1 file with the new data1 file out of the updates & then try 2 install it again.....hope this works 4 u...it worked 4 me...good luck..

Blonde

If it is a legal, licensed, registered version of Photoshop, call Adobe.

I got the info from the photoshop site....That is what the site is there for rather than sit on the phone waiting...been there done that & this was much easyer. Besides i don't think it was a problem with my software...i think it's my cd roms...my kids got them worn out...it's not always the software.....lol

Blonde

every once in a while a cd needs cleaning (windex does just fine) but it won't fix scratches!

anyway it's worth a try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back