Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why does this keep happening!!! Grrrrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2002
US
We have metaframe 1.8 and a mix of win98 and win2000 pc's. This has happened on both. I'll set up a new application set - wan and put in the inside ip addresses and push the icons to the user's desktop.

Every now and then a user will get this message:

"Cannot connect to the citrix server"
Unable to contact the citrix server browser. Either you network is not functional or you need to configure an address under server locactions, or the configured address is incorrect"

Yes, the user is logged on the network when this happens too.

I've noticed if a user logs on our network then goes home and tried to dial up that this might happen. Sometimes the pcmcia nic messes with this but I've seen this on desktops too.

Why does it keep losing the server's ip addresses?

I need some closure to this. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.
[thumbsup2]

You can add the servers IP address in the serverlist of the user so it connects to the server the hard way :)

Have you also checked how the user is logging of, or disconnecting ? If a user disconnects by turning of his pc/thin client then it can be possible that the user can't connect next time. They get the same message. A user should log off as it should be instead of clicking the X in the upper right of the screen. Maybe you also want to enter in the Connection Configuration that after a while a disconnected session will automatically log off..

Yes, we put the server's ip addresses in there. There are two citrix servers. I'm not sure how the user could log off the wrong way since they aren't running in full desktop mode.

?????

This kind of error usually appears when there are other issues on the network - and if the problem is intermittent, then I'm even more convinced that the problem lies outside.

DNS is a good target for inspection - I've found incorrect reverse lookup entries in both DNS servers and routers which, when corrected, have "magically" solved similar issues. Also, check the DNS settings on the clients - especially dial-in clients.

I hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Hi there,

Thought I would add this suggestion.

I had this issue (cannot connect to Citrix server) also, roughly 9am every morning due to 400 users trying to logon to the servers. I have increased the connection to 8 per server and that seem to help.

Sir-Stox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back