Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why does my Page freeze during load?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizzamaka

Technical User
Jan 26, 2002
DE
I have set up a page with two friends and it worked just fine even though right now it only resides on my little home-server.
Strangely since last week I have to reload the page about 3-4 times before it loads completely (I tried with IE, Opera and Mozilla). Even the images stop loading right in the middle and are only half shown.

I thought of a configuration problem in my web-server (Apache), so I uploaded it to a web-hosting service, but it didn't help. Still the same problem.

The strange thing is, that nobody made a significant update in the last two weeks.

Anybody know of a solution? There might be a Java-Script that could force the browser to load till the end?

P.S.: If you want to see what I mean try to open . BTW it's a german page but I guess u will notice;)

ur link gives me a site not found error...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

That's strange. Here and everywhere I tried it - it works. Did you try to reload it?

hi, i am using a proxy...

the site still doesnt come for me...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Hmm, maybe it's because of the proxy. Since the page is hosted in my personal server with dynamic ip and redirection to it the proxy could not load the page properly (?).

What exactly does it show u? Is it a page not found error or is the page just empty? If it's empty it would be just the problem I am trying to solve. Since sometimes the page stays empty in the browser and shows only after a few reloads.

OK, never mind. I have tried another free hosting sevice and strangely it works now. When I tried it the last time it didn't though! Anyway I guess this is the wrong forum for posting apache configuration problems, so thanks anyway vbkris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back