Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

why does my combo box display #Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

notageek7

Technical User
Jan 23, 2004
US
Could someone help me with this newbie question? I've got a combo box on a form and the combobox is full of the right data in its drop down list. But, #Name? is visible prior to clicking on the drop down list and I'm not sure why. Also, I can't select any of the values that I can see in the drop down list, all it does is beep when I click on one of the values.

ahhh, figured it out!!! In case this helps anyone. I've got a access db with linked tables to an oracle db. Because of this some fieldnames had to be changed because they were oracle reserved words. What I needed to do to fix the problem was go to the properties of the problem combo boxes and under control source choose the appropriate fieldname ..... like MS_Name not Name and MS_Role instead of Role. The Name and Role were the previous names of the fields prior to the changeover to oracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back