Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why does definity hang all outgoing calls???

Status
Not open for further replies.

diembi

Programmer
Sep 22, 2001
ES
Hello,
My Definity PBX hangs all calls after destination answer the call. Any idea??

Thanks.

I'd start by statusing your trunk groups and maybe doing a busy/release of all groups handling outbound traffic...

More info is "definitively" necessary!

any alarms or errors ?
what does a 'status health' or a 'disp err' show ?

Rob

Hi,
I new in definity: what is status health and disp err? How can i obtain this info?

Thanks.

Other question:
Are there many causes of those hung calls?
I am not the administrator of Definity. I only want help him.
If somebody could list some causes for this problem i will be very gratefull.

Thanks 4all.

dmb

What happens to calls inbound to your Definity? do they complete ok and stay connected?........if not find out from your Telephone Network service provider what signalling protocols they are using (i.e. QSIG/q931, DPNSS etc.) and ensure that your Definity Trunks are set up correctly.. most Service Providers should be able to talk you through the settings in the Trunk Group Forms. To access these, type: ch tr 1 (assuming that 1 is your first trunk group). Be careful though! as you could alter a setting and make things even worse!!

Also, please specify what switch and version you're using and whether you have Fibre or COTS type trunks as all this type of info will prompt engineers looking at this site to reply with answers and ideas to help you solve your problem.

Good luck :eek:)

Hello,
using "disp err" we detect a warning; concretlly: ISDN-trunk Test 256 Error Code 1116. What's it?
Could be that error a call finisher???

Thanks for your help!!

dmb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back