Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why does ACCDE icon look like a record locking icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan08

Technical User
Jan 7, 2013
US
I am saving my access database as a accde file to lock it down from users. Everything works fine, just how I wanted, but the icon for the file looks like the Access record locking file icon. Is that normal? I feel like users will be confused by that.

you can set the application icon under the options section.

File->Options->Current Database

Under 'Application Options' there is an application icon input where you can browse and choose the icon you desire.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Free Dance Music Downloads

you can set the application icon under the options section.

File->Options->Current Database

Under 'Application Options' there is an application icon input where you can browse and choose the icon you desire.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Is there an easy way to set it as the regular Access icon?

Sure, if there is a desktop icon to the application , simply right click the icon and choose 'Change Icon', then select any icon (ico) file or dll icon file you desire.

Or try
Then use what ever image you want for the icon, but the default icon for ACCDE/ACCDR extension is to have the lock symbol to indicate that it is a locked down version of the application.

I would recommend you use a specific application icon that makes sense to your users and is easily distinguishable from all the other icons in the task bar / start menu / desktop and look into rolling out an ACCDR packaged solution and use the MS Access runtime engine.

It makes your application look better and saves a fortune in not needing all users to have an MS Access version of Office to run your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back