Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why do rollovers trigger ie's security alert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

petermidi

Technical User
May 24, 2006
GB
Hi there,
Having built sites (pretty basic ones) with Dreamweaver, I have just started building a new one using GoLive.
Although I haven't used CSS before, it's all been going pretty well.
I'm anxious not to create a site that prompts the pop up security alert in IE (6.02) that says that active x/scripts are running on the page HOWEVER, I am finding that when I add a rllover image, it prompts the security alert.
I've checked my security settings and they're at 'default'.
I've also tried adding rollovers using Dreamweaver - and got the same result.
Have I missed something - are rollovers now 'not acceptable' online - or is there something else I'm missing.
I'd really appreciate some help with this.
Thank you
Peter

This is the offending bit of script I think:
<csscriptdict import="import">
<script type="text/javascript" src="file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Peter/Application%20Data/Adobe/Adobe%20GoLive/Settings8/JScripts/GlobalScripts/CSScriptLib.js"></script>
</csscriptdict>
<csactiondict>
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
var preloadFlag = true;

// --></script>
</csactiondict>

The first thing i notice is that your script is located on your local hard drive. That means two things. If you upload the page, it won't work. Secondly, IE treats local internet files differnt then ones on the internet. Put it on the internet and see if you still get the alert. If your still having problems post a link to the intire file and i'll take a look at it.

Hi Wiser3 - thanks for this - I just downloaded the source from another site online with simple button rollovers that give ie no trouble online and sure enough - just as you thought - I got the error message when it ran from my hard drive.
It will be a week or so before I can get this new site up online but I'm pretty confident now that the issue is a 'local' one - so THANKS!
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back