Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WHY DO I GET EMPTY PICTURE BOXES WHEN I PRINT OUT IMAGES IN QUARK.X?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muski

MIS
Nov 17, 2001
GB
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY MY LAYOUTS WITH IMPORTED IMAGES FROM PHOTOSHOP WILL NOT PRINT OUT IN QUARK XPRESS? THE LAYOUTS LOOK FAB BUT ALAS I JUST GET THE EMPTY PICTURE BOXES WHEN I PRINT???:)

Is it just Photoshop pics? If not the first place to look is the picture box info dialog box to make sure the 'supress picture printout' box is unchecked

Alfie

thanks Alfie, the pic boxes arn't suppressed, and I only really use images from photoshop but I'll try someother pics and see if it is just photoshop ones. Thanks...Muski

OK, that's the most obvious one down then!
If you have established that it's just Photoshop pics try changing the picture mode and the file formats to see if you can print greyscales or duotones, make sure there there is no compression or 'clipping' on the files.
If it's any kind of picture that refuses to print, it's more likely to be a Quark problem, again in v.4 + look at the picture box info, check the 'clipping' setting and then the page setup/print dialogue box there is an omit tiff/eps option which needs to be unchecked also

Thankyou again for your advice Alfie, I shall explore your suggestions, but I am unable to work the quark print dialogue box, it has nothing ticked and does not allow me to tick anything, if I insist it quits the whole thing so I'm am now thinking perhaps I have a conflict with my quark 3 and my operating system os9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back