Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why can't we use 3903 sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPhoneD

MIS
Dec 9, 2002
US
We have an Option 61 that currently has 2616 and 3904 sets programmed. When we try to program a 3903 set some of the keys do not work. The 3903 sets came from one of our other locaitons that has a Option 11C where the sets were working. Does anyone know why the 3903 sets would not work correctly on the Option 61?

Thanks!

What keys do not work?
you can try in ld 32 fdlu tn command.
you only got keys 0-3 for lines

HAVE YOU TRIED DOWNLOADING THE SETS YET

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Well we had the vendor come out and they are saying that there is a conflict between the PBX release which 24.25 and the release of the phones which is 5. The 3903 sets were working and came off of an Option 11C at RLS 25.30. Does this make sense?

not to knock your vendor but that sounds like a "maybe he want ask me to explain" if your 03's worked on older rls, he may have mis-spoke.. (that's pc for bs"..
What keys do not work?
you can try in ld 32 fdlu tn command.

i've had 03's working in older rls switches, and the software rls controls that, not the switch type. i guess i'll have to remove my 400 or so 03's.. check the firmware and your patch level

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Your vendor is correct. If you are currently at rls 24.25 that is when 39xx sets were introduced. I'm not sure what rls of 39xx is supported in 24. phase 1 and possibly 2. You might ask if there is a patch but it may require and upgrade.

It seems to be the Transfer, Conference, Forward keys - you can program okay - but the features do not work on the phone. Tried to check the firmware - went to LD 32 entered command "FSUM" received error code:
NPR003
>err NPR003
>

NPR0003
Illegal command.
A different meaning in the context of Meridian Evolution environment.
Action: Check data and re-enter the command.
Severity: Minor

Tried to check firmware on an existing 3904 received same error. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion - Gave it a try when I enter FSUM then space to ener all I recieve the same error as before.....

Just tried it on my switch, ld 32<enter> switch prints npr000, then <.>/ after the <.> I typed fsum all/ waited and then all the sets printed.

ALSO IN ORDER TO DO A FSUM LD 97 NEEDS TO BE SETUP

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I thought the 1st rls to fully support the 39xx handsets was 25.30.

24.xx = No Go, handset worked but no features past line key and hold. It looked like a 2006 or 2008 with no softkeys. :(

25.10 = uummm, the less spoken about that rls the better, lol

25.30 = now old but it had firmware download support & all features in the 'Taurus' handsets worked (If I remember right). :)

The above applied in Aust anyway.

But, it worked in the lab!!

Thanks everyone - but what is really confusing, is there are several 3904's that work perfectly all keys function as they should. It is just the 3903's - you can program but some of the keys do not function correctly. If the software did not support 39xx how can the 3904's be working?

Thanks

Again this would depend on what the software is on the 3904. I think these should be all phase 1 if at 24. Have you thought about rebuilding the other opt11c and swapping the older on with the one running 25??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back