Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why Can't We TTI??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCP2000

MIS
May 24, 2002
US
I saw some similar info in thread690-996761. We have been having issues with all new 64xx telephones... regardless of vendor. I have purchased the telephones from three different vendors, and more often than not, we get "strange dialtone" when we go off-hook. It sounds like garbled dialtone, and it will not take any digits.

If we assign a port in the switch to the extension, then everything is fine. After that, we can TTI-separate, TTI-merge, etc. It's just the phones right out of the box. Any ideas? This has become quite a pain in the tush having to assign every port to every extension... especially when you have to track every station back through 2-3 IDF closets.

Could be you have been receiving some "global" telsets, you can set a feature code for "refresh terminal parameters" on a test station and condition each phone prior to installation, or run a test station xxxx, this will download the translations set. Status sta. will tell you whether download is complete.

I think you are right... we are getting "global" phones. The problem is, we can't use a FAC for "refresh terminal parameters", because the DTMF won't work. We get the funny dial tone, and that's it... until we define the port in the PBX, or get a dadmin level user to busy/releast or test the station.

More likley you could get a "craft" level login.
I managed to do the busy/release command with that and it worked.
lever.

Have you done a "stat tti" ? If you have some percentage still waiting to be translated that can cause all kinds of issues.

Have you tried turning off the functionality and then turning it back on?

yep. We've tried turning off and on TTI, but that had no impact. It's very strange. If assign a port to the station, it's fine in 10 seconds. I can't seem to make them work any other way.

Have you tried assigning the station port number "X" in the phone system and then go to the station and use TTI.

Please disregard last entry.

Joey

I would then setup an administered test station in your work area and connect every new phone into it for a minute before you take it to install it, and see if that cures your problem. You could also install an autodial button with the refresh feature code on it, and press it after you plug the phone in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back