Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why cant I step through

Status
Not open for further replies.

compdrmt

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
US
I used to use Access quite a bit but eventualy got so frustrated with the limitations of the IDE that I switched entirely to VB with access only to hold the data.

Now I am working on a project done entirely in Acces and I am trying to keep it that way. The question I have is this

I have Access 2k3 When I have some miinor thing wrong in code I would expect that access would break to the point of the error so I could see what is up. instead it just does nothing. The whole function does not even get called. What options do i have to set or what could be wrong to cause this behavior. I seem to remeber this used to be the expected behavior in Access of old

Thanks

Debugging is the process of removing bugs. Programming is the process of putting them in

In any code module

Tools|Options|General tab. Set the error Handling to your requirements.

HTH
Lightning

This is currently set to break on all errors shouldn't that do it ?

Debugging is the process of removing bugs. Programming is the process of putting them in.

That should do it.

Have you tried manually setting a breakpoint in your code and then stepping through to see what happens as the code executes?

HTH
Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back