Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why can't I forward email pages anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelleyot

Technical User
Dec 31, 2001
US
I recently began using IE6.0, and now can't seem to email web pages/research to my colleagues. I've found the "send page" command under tools/mail-news, but it doesn't do a thing. I'm bumming...my buddies think I'm a info. junkie, but at least I keep them informed! Thank you for your help. Fear Not!

Shelleyot

This MAY help if you also use Outlook Express...

Don't use IE 6.0 but noticed this re: "can't send page.." in Newsgroups..
--------------------------
Go to Start | Run and type this command, with the double quotes and spaces:

"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /reg

and then make sure that OE is selected as the default mail program in both IE and OE.
--------------------------
Good Luck

smitee

Hi, Smitee
Before I continue with your recommendation, I see that I
I may have presented the question poorly. So before I go further, I'd like to clarify. I can forward emails that I receive. But I can't forward or send web pages to others, while surfing, as I find them. Does this change things? I apologize for any confusion and appreciate your time. Fear Not

smitee is right. IE and OE are tightly linked and share registry settings, modules, etc. Check this out for more information.

The Old Man

Hi, Smitee and TheOldMan
I tried to do as you (Smitee) instructed, but was not successful. I got some drawn-out message after typing/entering the command, that the command "...refers to a location that is unavailable...it could be on a hard drive in this computer...check to make sure the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the internet (I was)..."
I'm tring to do as instructed in one of the links posted by TheOldMan, but am having some trouble finding all the right pieces-parts to edit in the registry. For example, the Microsoft article Q248005 Method 1 instructs to edit the reg key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail. But my key lacks Clients so I didn't proceed. I did see it all under the Local Machine key, though, but didn't fool with it.
I'll continue to investigate the other recommendations offered in "A special note to Prodigy users" by link provided by TheOldMan. Thank you again! Fear Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back