Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why Buy Crystal Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

monagan

Technical User
May 28, 2004
US
Hi, I am researching crystal reports for my company. I am looking for a report designer where I can add any field into a report, from any table. Right now, I'm looking to take fields from, ie, Inventory, and from Jobs, to make a table. I cannot do this in peachtree complete, will crystal do this for me?

Also, does anyone have any reviews they'd like to offer?

"And on the 8th Day, He recorded a macro

Crystal Reports should be able to handle that for you. I am still considered a "Newbie" with Crystal, but from what I have seen with Crystal Reports, It is QUITE Powerful...

Winterdragon

Crystal reports will indeed do what you are asking for in terms of Items and Jobs tables from Peachtree.

However your statement "any field into a report, from any table" is not something within the scope of crystal's control.

For example, Peachtree, in their infinite wisdom, has decided to hide several fields and even some files from the .ddfs (data dictionary files). .Ddfs are what crystal, and many other tools such as MS Access, use to read btrieve data files. If the publisher decides not to open these up to the world, there is nothing Crystal can do about that.

If you are still planning on using Peachtree, post a list of what specifically you plan on doing with a report writer, and I will let you know if you can do it with Crystal. Also please post what version of Peachtree you are using.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

I am using Peachtree Complete 5.0

I want a report from one Job

We currently are using the Job Ledger Report
That displays Sales, Company Discount, Material Purchases, and Outside Processing.

I need Material purchases to have:

Item Description Quantity PricePerUnit Total

12 Gauge Steel 4.00 37.50 150.00
#10 Screws 120.00 .005 .60

The problem here is that I can't get the units on there.
Right now, we are exporting two reports to excel, and then combing the two to make this.

I cannot help you is you are using Peachtree complete 5.0. That is a 6 year old package and not supported anymore.

Upgrade to 2004 would be my suggestion, and the report you are asking for would llkely take 1-2 hours.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

I'm sorry, I must not have been paying attention when I wrote the reply. I am using 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back